December Jollies with Christmas Matchbook Boxes



Well here we are in December! Seems like the year has flown by!  I don't know about you, but I feel that Boom! Suddenly it was time for Christmas and I was looking around all surprised! Heck,  I should have known it was coming, I mean we've had commercials for it since way before Halloween.  Ah well....so here we are with today...December 11th and thankfully I have managed to get our Christmas tree up (as of last night), decorated and my Santa collection on the mantel.  I feel such accomplishment. I still have loads of Christmas decorations in my craft room closet (I once used to put up around 4 or 5 trees)and I'm not even going to try and put them all out.   So I've decided to do a bit of cleaning and organizing and purging of things I'll probably never use again.  What was I thinking?  My craft room is now a disaster! But once it's done that closet is going to look so much better and hopefully come next Christmas it'll be easier to find what I need to decorate with.

But you didn't come here to hear about my Christmas, decorating, organizing, cleaning saga now did you?  You want a crafty project, right?  How about these super cute and easy to make Matchbook Boxes.  The little drawers pull out and you can tuck in a small gift, candy or gift card.


I told you they were cute.  I made mine out of the super fantastic, really strong Artisan cardstock that you can order from Country Craft Creations.  I used the black and also a Christmas paper collection from last year that I still had lots of called appropriately "Christmas" by Carta Bella.  Any Christmas paper collection will do.  Plus I used some stickers from the same collection, brads from my stash (and eyelets to make the drawer pull), red button twine and some snowflake stickers.

Okay, before you ask....yes, there is a tutorial on how to make these.  I give the size of the boxes in my tutorial video.  If you're needing your boxes to be a bit bigger, I think you could increase the measurements by 1/8" or 1/4" overall on the two cardstock pieces and then for the drawer still score it 1 1/4" on all four sides.  The score lines (except for the 1/2") one on the sleeve would need to be adjusted to make it fit the drawer.  Me? I'm just going to make them all the size I share in the video.  I figured it out and it works and that's good for me! Ha, ha.

Here's the tutorial video...



Here's another look at my cute Matchbook Boxes...



So now it's time to think about doing a bit of gift wrapping, package mailing and maybe some cookie baking?? And in case I don't get back to do another blog post before the big day arrives, I want to wish each of you a very Merry one from me, my craft room, our Christmas tree and Fizz the cat...


Merry Christmas!




Popular Posts