Calendar Project DONE! And Happy Thanksgiving


Here it is! My completed Calendar project for Country Craft Creations using Authentique's new and fabulous paper collection "The Calendar."  This project consumed the end of October for me as well as most of November. Not that I worked on it 24/7 but you know what I mean, between work and daily life things; I crafted on it when I could.

So let me explain what this is...first, it's an easel calendar box.  What that means is that the top piece (where you see the November calendar) lifts up off the lid of the box and stands up like an easel.  What's really neat about this easel box is that all the pieces (tags, flowers, images etc) can be switched out each month.  They are attached with magnets!  So when December rolls around (which it will very soon) I simply change the calendar (it's held on with a clip) and change out the flowers, tag and images.  All the flowers in the basket beside the calendar box in the photo above have magnets on them and are ready for the entire year.  Pretty cool, if I say so myself.  I thought of this idea and I'm not sure if others have done it or not, probably have.  And the tags and images for each month are stored inside the box but wait! The drawer of this box is really an album that pulls out and it has pockets for the monthly calendars as well as a page for each month where you tuck in those tags, images and any cards you want to send out for the month.

Here's the "drawer" out of the box which is now a Calendar Book Album.
The front of the album is kept VERY flat so that it will slide into the easel box.

Below I'm sharing a few of the pages from inside the album...

On the left in the photo above is one of the pockets which is on the inside cover of the album.  This pocket holds the calendars for January - June.



Each page is decorated for the month and as I said earlier each one has a pocket for tags and cards.

I'm pretty proud of this project and I have a video tutorial series so you can make it too.  There are eight tutorial how to videos and one share video so you can see all of the pages.  Just click on the link below:

YouTube Playlist 

So, if you are wanting to make this project, you can order all of the wonderful "The Calendar" papers by Authentique from Country Craft Creations.  I have a lot of this collection left over from my Designer package so I will be creating another project which I think will be ongoing for the coming year so watch for that in mid December I think.  I'll also be making some extra greeting cards to tuck inside this album.

And that is November for me and what I've been doing.  Tomorrow is Thanksgiving here in the US and I want to wish all of you a very safe, fun, relaxing or how ever you like to celebrate holiday!

Image result for Happy Thanksgiving Meme

and Happy Crafting!
Sandy

Popular Posts