Goodbye Summer, Hello Fall!


Yep. It's coming....later this week.  The official first day of Autumn or Fall.  It says so right there on my calendar--Thursday, September 22.  Autumn begins.  So of course, the new card challenge over on Cards in Envy is all about Fall or Autumn cards.  Here's mine and I'm sharing it a half a day early. The challenge actually starts at 12:15 a.m. Monday but I'm jumping ahead just a bit as I will have a Graphic 45 Design Team blog post share that day and I don't like two posts in one day. Why confuse myself and others, right?

So here's my quick and simple fall card for the challenge.  I used white cardstock as always for the base and then layered some beautiful Graphic 45 Bontanicabella papers, added a bit of lace and some silk fall leaves from my stash (I hoard them in a baggie), tied a lovely green Hug Snug ribbon bow, stamped the sentiment and it was done.

Here's some sad news about the Hug Snug ribbon which is my FAVORITE.  The company that makes it has gone bankrupt!  Another company has purchased it but not sure if they will continue making this most wonderful ribbon and as a result, right now, some of the colors are discontinued or no longer available for purchase.  I know because I placed an order and some of the colors I wanted/needed are gone!  It is very sad when you have a favorite craft product that works fabulously and suddenly you can no longer get it.  Keep your fingers crossed that they do start manufacturing it in all it's wonderful colors soon.

Sorry to have changed the subject, let's get back to all things Autumn and the Cards in Envy challenge.  It's a card challenge.  Any size and any shape will do as long as it is flat enough to fit in an envy for mailing.  The challenge runs for 2 weeks and it is just for fun and bragging rights if you are chosen as either First Class or In the Mailbox.  I hope you'll make a card and join us.

Happy Crafting!

Popular Posts