You're A Star! Cards in Envy Card Challenge


Hello! Hope you have all had a wonderful weekend. If you live in the USA, it's a holiday weekend and even if school is back in session, it is the last "summer" holiday of the year--Labor Day.

A new challenge is starting today for Cards in Envy.  The theme is-- "For the Kids."  What a fun theme and I just couldn't help but make this "ocean" card with an adorable Lawn Fawn acrylic stamp set appropriately called "So Jelly."  This is a shaker card. I love to make shaker cards and they really are super easy.  If you use foam tape  to give lift to the inside of your "shaker pocket" and your sequins stick to the foam on the sides,  here's a tip--use cardstock instead (several layers).  For this card I used 4 layers of cardstock cut out with my circle dies into same size rings and glued them together to give the lift I needed for the shaker part to work.

Here are the other details of my card:

  • White Cardstock & Light Blue Cardstock

  • Printed Paper in two different patterns (from my stash)--I went with "non-traditional" ocean colors like the yellow and pink.

  • Lawn Fawn "So Jelly" Acrylic Stamp Set (purchased mine from Flossie Scrapper) which includes the star, jelly fish and sentiment sayings

  • Copic Markers

  • Tuxedo Black Memento Ink

  • Circle Dies

  • Plastic from album sheet protectors for the shaker window

  • Pretty Pink Post Sequins in "Ocean Spray" and "Fairytale Fuchsia"

  • Foam Dots

  • Lilac Posies and Cantalope Memento Ink for the sentiments

And that's it.  I hope you'll join us for our card challenge--Just for Kids over on the Cards in Envy blog--www.cardsinenvy.blogspot.com.

Happy Crafting!

Popular Posts