Graphic 45 The Magic of Oz Mini Album


As mentioned in my last post, I planned on creating an album following another designer's tutorial.  I chose Donna Kauffman's super cute "The Magic of Oz" mini album and purchased the tutorial from her EtsyShop, minibooksrme.  I'm happy to share that I did create her mini album over the weekend and finished it up yesterday. That's my album in the photo above, here's another look at it below.





I followed Donna's tutorial including her choice of most of the patterns.  I did add a ribbon closure, added in more dimensional flowers, changed up the spine embellishment and the back too.  Inside I only changed up a few of the patterns, kept the tags mostly the same but did use different colors of paper in place of the solid cardstock that she used. I had some older Bo Bunny Dots paper that I used with the Graphic 45 "The Magic of Oz" paper collection.  Love how it turned out.  Take a look at the inside of my album...









You may have noticed that some of the pages or flaps look bare...no tags or pockets.  That's because there is another tutorial for what Donna called "Drop Ins." Those are little page elements that are interactive that you can make separately and then when finished "drop them in" and attach to the bare pages.  Of course I bought that tutorial too and will be starting on those today.  I'll share those finished pages in another post when I have them done.

So that's it for today. I hope you are staying safe and well and keeping busy. Crafting is the best thing to do when having to stay at home or you could clean house but what's the fun in that?? Ha, ha.

For those who may not have read my last post and are wondering why I'm making an album following Donna's tutorial instead of designing my own.  Donna passed away on April 9th of this year from pancreatic cancer and as a tribute to her and her designs I decided to purchase one of her tutorials and create a project.  I also wanted to create something that I did not design to relax and just enjoy the process plus no tutorial videos to edit!  Again if you are inclined, you might want to check out Donna's Etsy shop at minibooksrme and order a tutorial for yourself.

Happy Crafting!
Sandy

Popular Posts