Oh Happy Day Card Folio with Six Cards


It's been a productive week in the craft room this week.  (Last week I sewed masks!) Here's my third project for Country Craft Creations using the bright and colorful Oh Happy Day paper collection by Carta Bella.  (It's currently still available in the Country Craft Creations online store so if you want something cheery to work on, I highly suggest you check it out now.)

When I say this project is quick and easy to create, I speak the truth! To make the folio, you only need ONE sheet of 12x12 cardstock.  For the card bases, I used 3 sheets of 12x12--Artisan, of course, that you can also order from Country Craft Creations.

The folio will hold six A2 cards as long as you keep them flat like I did.  Flat is best if you are giving these as a gift to someone non-crafty and also best if you plan to mail them.  Do include some purchased envelopes with the cards.  I use the ones you can order from Stampin' Up...nice quality envelopes with a bit of extra room it seems for cards that have extra layers.

I've done a tutorial video on how you can make this card folio and the cards too.  Extra photos of the finished project along with a video share clip before the tutorial starts can be found on my YouTube channel.  I'm sharing the video here in my blog post, but if you read this post in your email subscription, you will have to go to my blog or YouTube channel to watch it.


I'm all caught up on my design  team projects for now and I'm thinking of making an album just for fun for myself. Though the projects I design are fun and usually end up for myself too.  But I'm talking about an album designed by someone else so I don't have to do as much "thinking' and planning.  With that in mind, I decided to purchase a tutorial by Donna Kauffman.  I learned today that she passed away on April 9th.  Such sad news for our crafting world.  She was a current designer for Graphic 45, a blogger, Etsy shop owner (where she sold her tutorials) and more importantly, a well known romance author.  So many people have been saddened by her passing but especially her sons.  Rest in peace, Donna.  Your gifts and talents shall live on for many years to come.

If you feel inclined to join me and purchase one of Donna's tutorials and make an album, check out her shop on Etsy called MiniBooksRMe.   I think I will make her Magic of Oz Mini Album.  Not sure if I'll use the Magic of Oz Graphic 45 paper or not but that is a possibility.

Happy Crafting,
Sandy

Popular Posts