Goodbye Sweet Yellow Bean

This is not a crafting post.  It's really just for me but if you want to read it, I'm happy to share....

Marla "Yellow Bean" 2008 - 2020


My yellow and white kitty, Marla, had many different health issues in the past year.  Despite my best efforts and trips to the vet, I had to let her go on Wednesday, May 27th.  This is not the first time I've had to say goodbye to a much loved pet.  But it never gets easy. Even though she was still purring when I talked to her at the end, she was very, very sick.  Without doing more tests and even more heroic efforts than we'd already done, it was felt that she had stomach or intestinal cancer and could not be cured.  Her food was not digesting or giving her body nourishment and she had lost so much weight and over the last few days she was throwing up a lot and miserable.  It was time.  We buried her in our pet cemetery here behind our house.  We've had her since she was a kitten and she lived the pampered life, rarely going outside except for an occasional escape late at night and for sure when it was dark as she did not like going out during the day.  She only liked a few people....myself, my husband, our daughter (most of the time), our son-in-law (he was okay Ha, ha) and really liked our grandson Brad.  In fact, he was the one person that she might not see for months but would go right to him and sit on him while he watched t.v.  For all others, she would hide and you would not know she was around.  Her name was Marla but we called her "Yellow Bean", "Baby Girl", "Yellow Jello" and "Mer Mer". A cat with many names is very loved.  And she loved us.  She followed me around all over the house.  If I sat down, I was her lap to be on or chest when she wanted to be really close.  She slept by my head at night and would gently tap my face to wake me up, I'm sure I was snoring.  She did not like for me to stay up late at night and would check on me and complain if I had not gone to bed. She had many places she loved to nap and there's a soft bed in almost each place.  The top of my china cabinet had become her most recent favorite.  I don't know but maybe being above it all made her feel better.  I'm going to miss her.  We have other cats and each with their own special ways and places in our hearts but I for one will really miss my sweet Yellow Bean.  If you watch my most recent YouTube craft videos, you will see her in the intro clips.  I think I'll leave her in it for now and maybe for always.  If you read this far, I thank you and will share a few more photos of our beautiful yellow and white cat.










"The Naming of Cats is a difficult matter,
It isn’t just one of your holiday games;
You may think at first I’m as mad as a hatter
When I tell you, a cat must have THREE DIFFERENT NAMES.
First of all, there’s the name that the family use daily,
Such as Peter, Augustus, Alonzo or James,
Such as Victor or Jonathan, George or Bill Bailey —
All of them sensible everyday names.
There are fancier names if you think they sound sweeter,
Some for the gentlemen, some for the dames:
Such as Plato, Admetus, Electra, Demeter —
But all of them sensible everyday names.
But I tell you, a cat needs a name that’s particular,
A name that’s peculiar, and more dignified,
Else how can he keep up his tail perpendicular,
Or spread out his whiskers, or cherish his pride?
Of names of this kind, I can give you a quorum,
Such as Munkustrap, Quaxo, or Coricopat,
Such as Bombalurina, or else Jellylorum-
Names that never belong to more than one cat.
But above and beyond there’s still one name left over,
And that is the name that you never will guess;
The name that no human research can discover —
But THE CAT HIMSELF KNOWS, and will never confess.
When you notice a cat in profound meditation,
The reason, I tell you, is always the same:
His mind is engaged in a rapt contemplation
Of the thought, of the thought, of the thought of his name:
His ineffable effable
Effanineffable
Deep and inscrutable singular Name."
~T.S. Elliot

Happy Crafting,
Sandy





Popular Posts