Cards for the Guys! Authentique Manly


Hello and happy Wednesday!  Today I'm sharing some cards I made that are definitely for the guys only! I don't know about you, but making masculine cards is hard. Well, at least for me.  My goal for these cards was to not add any fro-fro (which I didn't) and to keep them simple, quick to make (which I think I did).  These are all part of my series of projects that I've created from the product that I received in my Country Craft Creations Design Team Package.  


I made a dozen A2 cards (4.25"x 5.5") using sketches from Operation Write Home and a 6x6 Manly paper pad by Authentique.  I paired the paper collection to some 8.5 x 11 Kraft cardstock that I had in my stash to make the bases and to add some mats. I also used some Nuvo Glitter Drops in the Golden Sunset color to add a bit of dimension without going into the "fro-fro" realm.  


The sentiments were stamped with assorted acrylic stamps that I have on hand using my Tim Holtz Stamping Platform and Memento Black ink.


I added in some red button string twine on one set of the cards to pull out the color in the plaid paper from the collection.  The 6x6 pad had a sheet of those awesome masculine cut a parts that you see above that really adds to the cards.


This has been a really fun collection to work with.  My favorite images have been related to fishing but I do like the cowboy ones too.


For the A2 cards, I made a total of 12 cards (3 of each sketch/design) and then made a belly band to hold them all together which makes them great for a gift or to just tuck into a desk drawer until you need them. I have a tutorial video on how to make all the cards as well as that belly band shown above. You can find the video below (unless you read my post in an email subscription.)  Or you can find it on my YouTube channel.




I also made three Slimline cards out of leftovers from my first 2 projects using this collection.  Slimlines are a new card trend and they will fit into a #10 business envelope for mailing. I think I like making cards this size and can see me making more in the future!


The Manly papers are currently available online at Country Craft Creations or if you have a local scrapbook store, check there.  Here's the link to it at Country Craft Creations:  Authentique Manly Paper Collection


I along with other designers from Country Craft Creations and the owner, Tammy, will be doing a fun Homemade Gift YouTube Hop in August.  It's hard to believe that it's time to get serious about creating if you like to give homemade gifts for Christmas or any other holiday.  I've already got an idea for mine and I'm excited to get started on creating it!  You are going to love the paper collection I will be using (hint:  it's suitable for recipes).  So be sure to check back for more details and so you won't miss out, head over to my YouTube channel, subscribe and click on the bell so you'll be notified every time I upload a new video.  Sandy's YouTube Channel

Until then....

What will you create?
~Sandy

Popular Posts