Accept from me a Bundle of Good Wishes...


Okay, so I had way too much fun creating this Christmas "card."  It sort of just evolved.  I'll explain more later.

But first and most important,  this is the card that I created for my new Design Team position with Christmas Cards All Year 'Round and I'm super excited to be on this design team!  With this once a month challenge, you, of course, create Christmas cards! Awesome! I love having inspiration all year 'round to make these treasures.  The January challenge is an all time favorite--Anything Goes!  And I went all out with it!  This card ended up needing a gift box! So I made one to match the card...

So, just how did this card evolve?  Well, I already had the Christmas tree shapes cut out using a Sizzix Die and Pink Paislee City Sidewalk Santa/Snowflake paper  Anyway, when I set about designing a card for the January Christmas Cards All Year 'Round challenge, I remembered the trees and set about using them with my Graphic 45 paper pad to make a card and recalled that a friend at the December tag class folded her trees and made a 3-D tree. So I did that.  Then I decided that the tree would stand up better if it were on an easel card so I created that and then I set about fussy cutting out toys, the sleeping little boy, Santa and sleigh to decorate around the tree.  I cut the sentiment from the paper and made it into a pocket that I decided should hold a gift card, but I didn't want the gift card to show or distract from the card.  To get around that, I made a small envelope to hold the gift card and still fit into the pocket.  I cut out the Post Card image for the envelope out of the Graphic 45 paper.  After I finished the card, I realized that it was much more than just a card, but rather a gift and needed a box, which I made from matching cardstock and the large Santa paper from the Graphic 45 paper pad.  And that is how this card evolved!

Now, it's time for you to go check out Christmas Cards All Year 'Round,  put your thinking cap on and create a Christmas card (Anything Goes) for the month of January.

Have fun creating!







Popular Posts