Give Thanks


Well, it's November. That's a bit hard to grasp as it seems like just yesterday it was the new year. Today I'm sharing a card that I made for the Digi Haven Challenge.  The theme is fall and I was given the Thanksgiving Circles Digital Sentiments from our sponsor Floppy Latte to work with.  At first I was a bit stumped but then pulled out these beautiful 6x6 papers that coordinate together in the paper pad--"Harvest Lane" by Simple Stories.  This is a pad from last year but I just love those colors and designs. I know it may seem odd to have that blue-green plaid with fall papers but I love it and it was in the pad so I know it works with the other colors and patterns.  From one of the papers, I cut out the trees and corner rounded two opposing corners.   I then added some fall leaves and a flower from my stash and finished it all off with the digital sentiment which was in a circle.  I punched it out with my Big Shot and a scallop circle die then colored the white background with my Copic marker in YR21 Cream.  Next, I took some Kelly Green Hug Snug Seam Binding Ribbon and threaded through the circle and tied a bow at the top.  In this photo it doesn't look like it but the Kelly Green color is really close to the color of the plaid background.

Are you making fall cards?  If so, please join in on our challenge at Digi Haven which is to make a fall card using a digital image or sentiment.  The challenge runs for two weeks and there is a prize to a random winner from our sponsor.

This morning I'm leaving for a scrapbooking retreat about 35 minutes from my house.  It has an Old Fashioned Christmas theme and I will be teaching a couple of class as well as working on some of my own album projects! I'll be gone until Sunday afternoon, so it will be quiet here on the blog, but then it is often quiet on my blog on the weekends!

Hope you have a good one!



Popular Posts