Warm Winter Wishes



Thankfully it's not winter yet, but it will be here soon I'm afraid.  Today I'm sharing a card that I created for the Seems a Little Sketchy challenge following sketch #52.  Our prize sponsor for the challenge is Whimsy Stamps and they will be giving five digi stamps to one randomly selected winner at the close of the challenge.  Whimsy doesn't provide images for the designers to use, so we are able to use any image or no image if we choose.  I decided to go with no image and let the beautiful papers I picked out speak for themselves.  All the papers on this card are from Authentique's 6x6 "Glistening" collection.  I used 8 mm black brads, "Zircon" Hug Snug seam binding ribbon and a sentiment from the Daily Designs collection from Papertrey Ink.  For this card I did some machine stitching which I was excited to do.  I finally have a nice sewing machine dedicated to my paper stitching!

Over the weekend, hubby and I went to the monthly trade day that's held in our town.  It's called "First Monday Trade Day."  That has always been the name of it I think but years ago we always called it a "flea market."  Not sure why except for the fact that most of the dealers sold used stuff. Now days, it is a mixture of dealers with used stuff and dealers with new stuff and dealers with craft items.  I rarely buy much at the trade day except for a piece of jewelry or charm now and then for one of my mini albums.  The real reason we went last Friday was to visit a bit with my two brothers and sister-in-law that sell used stuff.  Well, my sister-in-law was selling a Brother sewing machine that she got out of storage. If you've watched "Storage Wars" you know what that is about; however they have been selling storage stuff way before that show ever aired.  Anyway, she was selling the sewing machine for $40.00 but offered it to me for $25.00 and I couldn't resist.  I already had a very nice expensive sewing machine that I use for quilting and didn't want to use it for paper stitching.  In the past I've had a mini craft sewing machine but what a pain.  Half the time it came un-threaded and was very difficult to thread as it had no light.  So I'm very happy with my $25 machine and it sews like a charm!

Enough babbling from me!  Back to the challenge at Seems a Little Sketchy!  The sketch challenge runs for 2 weeks and it's very simple--create a card following the sketch, post it on your blog or online photo album and link it to the Seems a Little Sketchy blog to be in the running for the random drawing. To inspire you, here's a photo of the sketch:

Hope you'll join us!  And have a great week!

Popular Posts