I am Thankful for...


Hello!  Hope you had a fabulous weekend!  Today I'm sharing a card that I made for the newest Cards in Envy challenge--Punch It!  I was excited to give this challenge a try as I have this fun owl punch that I bought from Stampin' Up! that I wanted to use.  Since this challenge requires you to use a punch or die for your card creation, I decided to use both.  The "branch" that the owl sits on is cut with a Tim Holtz Scrollwork die.  What's neat about this card is that the leaves are actually printed on the paper so I only had to cut it out to the right size for this card, punch out the owl and the branch and it was pretty much done.  The sentiment is even cut from the paper.  The paper collection that I used is from Farm House called Sugar Hill Fall.  I used papers from that collection for the owl and the branch.  Of course, I added googly eyes and I also inked the edges of the paper with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink. The orange string tied at the bottom is from American Crafts.

It's hard to believe that Thanksgiving will soon be here which means Christmas is just around the corner. Am I ready for either one?  Nope.  It seems that as each year rolls around I'm even less ready than the year before!

If you haven't joined in on the challenges over on Cards in Envy, I hope that you will real soon.  I'm the host and I'd love to see your card creations linked. We don't give prizes and have no sponsors. We just like to make cards that are relatively flat that fit in an envelope for first class postage.  We do the challenges twice a month with a different theme each time.  The current challenge--Punch it--runs until December 1st so you have extra time to make a card and link it to our challenge blog.  Hope to see you there!

Popular Posts