By the Sea Graphic 45 Challenge

Each month the Graphic 45 blog has a tutorial and a challenge to create a project following their tutorial. For the month of August, they shared a fabulous little mini album using their By the Sea paper collection. Since I had the papers and the tags, I decided I would make one!  The deadline for the challenge is August 31st which is tomorrow. I've had this made for a few weeks but I'm just now photographing it so I guess I'd better link my photos to their Facebook page today, don't you think?  Of course I would be thrilled to win some Graphic 45 product as a result of entering their challenge.  They give away $75 in product to one chosen winner!  Wish me luck!

I made the base of the mini album exactly as they did in the tutorial and used the same paper on the front cover and then I changed it up just a bit on the inside.  The pages open up into the star shape below and the pages are papered on both sides.  I wrapped my twine around the cover so it would stay closed on both sides.  Before I tied the bow, I threaded a real sea shell onto the twine and then glued it on and glued the pretty flowers onto the shell.  These pull back off the cover when you untie the twine to open up the book.  Each little page has a pocket for small photos and tags.


I love this Graphic 45 By the Sea Collection, if you haven't bought it yet, you might want to right away before it's all gone and retired!  If you want to create your own Graphic 45 By the Sea mini album,  click >HERE< to go to their blog and to the tutorial.  It was really easy and fun to make!



I'm enjoying this three day weekend so far.  I've been in my craft room most of today (Saturday).  I finished cleaning and organizing my craft room and I now hope to work on a few Halloween projects for my upcoming Thirteen Frights of Halloween event here on my blog. (Click on the badge on the side bar for more info).  Tomorrow afternoon and Monday I'll be finishing up the written tutorial and bagging up the kits for my Life's a Circus project to put them in my online shop. The circus wagon turned out really cute and the mini album fits inside the wagon AND the wheels roll! So much fun!

Hope you are enjoying your weekend too!
Happy crafting,

Popular Posts