Black & White "Tuxedo" Card for CIE


Hi everyone! It's time for a new challenge over on Cards in Envy and it's an easy challenge (I think) but you could consider it  hard if you like lots of color.  The theme is "Tuxedo" which means your card must be  Black & White ONLY.  I decided to go with a vintage 50s look for my card and I love how it looks!

Here's the supplies I used:
  • White Cardstock
  • Black Cardstock
  • Digital Image from Papercalliope.com - Mixed Up Printables '50s Ladies
  • Black and White Wide Polk-a-dot ribbon
  • Black and White Narrow ribbon
  • Wow Embossing Ink
  • Lawn Fawn "Happy Everything" 2016 Sentiment Stamp
  • Wow Opaque Bright White Regular Embossing Powder
I created the cardstock layers, added the wide ribbon and then fussy cut out the lady image and glued her to the top of the layers over the wide ribbon.  Next I added the narrow ribbon and tied it on the side before attaching all to the card base.  I stamped the sentiment with embossing ink and embossed the "thanks" in white on to the black cardstock layer.

A really quick, simple and very vintage thank you card.  I hope you'll create a card and join us this fun challenge "Tuxedo" (Black & White cards) over on the Cards in Envy blog.  And if you like vintage images and digital papers, make sure you check out Betsy's shop over on Paper Calliope.

Happy Crafting!
Sandy

Popular Posts