Cards in Envy Black & White Bonus Card


Happy Wednesday, Crafty Peeps!  I've got a second black and white card to share that I created based on the current Cards in Envy card challenge--Tuxedo (Black & White).

Yesterday afternoon I had a chance to play in the craft room, finish up a couple of February Designer projects and clean off my work table.  I decided to see what kind of black and white papers I had in my stash and create another card for the challenge.  This is what I came up with.  Super easy and lots of layering.

Supplies Used:
  • White Cardstock
  • Black Cardstock
  • Photoplay 6x6 Julie Nutting Seeds of Kindness Papers (Black & White Prints)
  • Rubber Stamp from my stash (Any detailed stamp image will do).
  • Memento Black Tuxedo Ink
  • Black Button Twine
Do you like to make cards and have acrylic or rubber stamps to use to make those cards but you just don't?  Maybe it's because you feel you don't have the time to color the stamped image or you're not confident yet with your coloring.  Make a monochromatic card like this one.  No coloring needed!  This one, of course, is black & white but you could stamp your image in red and do a red & white card or blue & white or brown & white, etc.  Use solid cardstock layering to separate the different patterns of the same color patterns like I did with the black cardstock.

One important tip when making a card with lots of layers:  You're card front may become heavy and the back of the card seem flimsy and won't even stand up.  Add a layer or two to the inside of your card to balance it all out like the inside of this one.  I've actually got three layers which makes it extra sturdy.


There is an extra week for this  Cards in Envy challenge this month!  So if you haven't made your black & white card yet there's still plenty of time.  The challenge ends on Sunday, February 4th at 6:00 p.m. Central Time. You can share up to three cards if you want.

Happy Crafting,
Sandy

Popular Posts