Hello in Yellow & Black for Cards in Envy


It's time for another card challenge over on Cards in Envy.  This is our second challenge for August which is always on the third Monday of the month.  Goodness where has this month and the year gone??!!  Most kids in our area are either back in school or will be sometime this week.  Our card challenge is a color combo:  YELLOW & BLACK.  I had to go through all my 6x6 paper pads and was lucky to find some prints that would work.  I used a simple flower stamp from a Graphic 45 set and colored the flowers yellow with my Copic markers.  Love how it turned out.


Supplies Used:
  • Neenah Solar White 110# Cardstock for the base and the sentiment/image
  • Black Cardstock
  • Echo Park "Let's be Mermaids" 6x6 Paper Pad (the yellow background)
  • Photo Play Julie Nutting "Seeds of Kindness" 6x6 Paper Pad
  • Graphic 45 Rubber Stamp for the image
  • Stampendous "Daisy Thanks" acrylic stamp for the "hello"
  • Momento Tuxedo Black Ink Pad
  • Copic Markers
  • Black Button String Twine
  • Foam Tape 
  • Art Glitter Designer Glue
I love layering on my cards. It's quick and easy and really makes it stand out.  A bit of the twine and a bow finishes it off.


I know I haven't been very active on the blog in the past few weeks.  I've been busy working on Design Team projects for Country Craft Creations.  Right now I'm finishing up a fun Christmas Pop Up Album and Tutorial.  Yes, it's time to start working on Christmas (Halloween too) projects.  In a few weeks we'll be heading down to Matagorda for our annual fishing trip for Labor Day. (That's if a hurricane doesn't show up again like it did last year!)  Hope you have enjoyed your summer.  It's still hot here in North Texas so even if kids are back in school, it's still summer to me!

Please head over to the Cards in Envy challenge blog and check out all the other designer's card creations. It's a great way to get ideas for cards that you can make and if you make one that fits our challenge, please share it on your blog and in our challenge link.

Happy Crafting!
Sandy

Popular Posts