Missing You with a Lemon of a Card for CIE


Hello September!  Since it's the first Monday of the month, it's time for a new Cards in Envy card challenge!  This time the theme is "The FRUITS of your labor."  All that means is we want to see a card that you make featuring or having fruit(s) on it!  It can be any fruit...apples, oranges, watermelon, bananas, lemons (like mine) etc.

I wanted a stamped image on mine and wow! I had to go through all my stamps to find a fruit image. I love my Graphic 45 rubber stamps and this is where I found this one.  I added a "Missing You" sentiment to the top with an acrylic set.  I used some pretty summery Graphic 45 papers for the layering to accent the yellow of the lemons.

Supplies Used:
  • Neenah Solar White 110# Cardstock for the base, frame and image
  • Graphic 45 Voyage Beneath the Sea 6x6 Patterns & Solids Paper pad
  • Graphic 45 Rubber Stamp for the image
  • Carta Bella Flora #2 Acrylic Stamp for the sentiment
  • Lawn Fawn Jet Black Ink Pad
  • Copic Markers
  • Rectangle Stitched Die
  • Natural Button Twine
  • White Floral Lace Trim
  • Nuvo White Blizzard Glitter Drops
  • Clear Wink of Stella Pen
  • Corner Rounder Punch
  • Angle Corner Punch
  • Art Glitter Glue

So there you have it. A summery, fruit "Missing You" card for the current Cards in Envy card challenge.  I hope you'll click over to the Cards in Envy blog and check out the challenge as well as the other designers' cards.  If you make a card, we'd love to see it!

Happy Crafting!
Sandy

Popular Posts