Goodbye January, Hello Month of Love!


So here we are on the last day of January 2020.  It went by rather quickly and yet slow.  I did manage to get some crafting done in spite of numerous doctor, dentist and vet appointments and many, many trips to the rehab center for my father-in-law.  We think things are looking up a bit for him but still a slow process.

Luckily I was able to share my completed crafting projects for this month here on my blog. One or two almost late and some combined into one post.  This one today is a prototype album.  I had an idea, and created it so I could see how it would work.  It is different. But fun to put together, so I will be using this design for my next Country Craft Creations design team project which should be finished along with the tutorial either Sunday or the first of the coming week.  It will be a love, Valentine type album using Authentique's Love Notes paper collection.  I will be following that up with a couple more quick Valentine projects to have them done before Valentine's Day.

This is the prototype album below.  I did not take photos of the inside because it is filled with notes, change up and different pages/flaps/pockets than what will be in the final album that I will be sharing in my tutorial.  I used some old Authentique paper that I had in my stash to make this one.  I'm pretty sure it's called Devoted and I think it may have been from 2 or 3 years ago.  Some day I might finish the inside....


This was really a beautiful paper collection for pet lovers, featuring both cats and dogs.  I just love the colors and was happy to have these pretty flowers in my stash that worked perfectly.  This is a open spine album and the back edge of the pages are the actual spine.  I know, I know...you can't see much in this photo.  That's a belly band closure on it that you can slide off or release the magnets if you want.  Typing this makes me want to get back upstairs to my craft room to work on the Valentine album.  I've got a good start on it.  Below is a photo of some of my cut list notes, the wrapped covers and the cut/folded pages.


I'm ending this post with a photo of my Marla kitty,  She was sick most of January (some in December too). She's doing much better now.  This photo was her sleeping on top of me once she forgave me for giving her medicine!


That's it for now, I'll be sharing more with you in February.

Happy Crafting!
Sandy


Popular Posts