Christmas Countdown!


Hello again!  Today I'm sharing my second project that I've done for Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts.  It's the Countdown Tree!  You can order the kit for the tree with the base, words, tags and letters to create your own from their online store.  To decorate mine, I used some of last years Graphic 45 Christmas Carol paper collection and more chipboard sets from Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts.  I used their Christmas Shape Set for the Street Lamp, Snowman, Hat & Scarf and their Flourished Deer Set.  I added in lots of floral pick bits and pieces, Petaloo and Prima flowers plus a Poinsettia that I made on my Big Shot with a flower die and cardstock.  Lots of Wow! embossing snow glitter gave it a wonderful wintery look.

As part of our Educator assignments with Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts, we do a tutorial to accompany our project and post it on their blog.  I've uploaded a video on this one to show you how I put mine together and also included some process footage on how I decorated it.  You can find the link to the video over on today's blog post at Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts.


Edited to add the supply list and tutorial video to this post:

Supply List:

  • Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Countdown Tree Kit #SR1A * Coming Soon - Contact Store
  • Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Christmas Shape Set #D38B (Street Lamp, Snowman, Hat & Scarf)
  • Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Flourished Deer  #84HM
  • Graphic 45 Christmas Carol 12 x 12 Paper, 2015
  • Petaloo & Prima Assorted Flowers and Picks
  • Assorted Christmas Floral Elements
  • Large Paper Poinsettia Flower -Made with Dies & Big Shot
  • Gold Metallic Canvas Cord
  • Wow! Sparkling Snow Embossing Glitter
  • Emboss It Clear Dabber
  • White Gesso
  • Nuvo Embellishment Mouse, Indian Gold
  • Shimmerz Blue Grass
  • Creameez Strawberry Fields
  • Hot Glue Gun
  • 3 in 1 Glue

It's time to get out all the Christmas decorations to turn our homes into a magical wonderland. I'm hoping that this week I'll get most of mine done.

You may wonder why in my photos the countdown tree is set at 12 Days Until Christmas.  That's because in my video I used a Twelve Days of Christmas music track.

Happy Crafting!

Popular Posts