Hello in Pink & Blue with a bit of yellow for Cards in Envy



Well here we are.  Halfway through the month of May!  It got really, really warm here in Texas yesterday and today will probably be the same--over 90 degrees.  Yes the air conditioner is running here at our house. But it has been now anyway for over a month.  If it's cool enough it just doesn't run but I leave it on as we can't open windows because of allergies--me especially. Yesterday was Mother's Day and Eddie's birthday.   The big 70.  Mercy! Where has the time gone!! No big celebration.  He took his Dad fishing (who's 94 by the way) out at the lake in the boat. Then he came home and we went out for lunch/dinner and later lit the candles and had his favorite cake.  Between that, we visited his Aunt Mary who is 92 to wish her a Happy Mother's Day.  Me? I don't do much on Mother's Day.  A simple Happy Day greeting is good enough for me as long as I don't have to cook (except for that birthday cake) and I get to dabble a bit in the craft room. I stayed off the computer which is nice now and then and enjoyed a quiet day.

Today we start a new challenge for Cards in Envy.  Hopefully it will be a popular one as it's really an "Anything Goes" with a Favorite Color Combo theme. I love to create cards with pink and had to think about what colors I like to use with pink. Usually it's a teal color but I wanted to do flowers and for flowers I like blue with pink and a touch of yellow. I decided to play around with a different technique this time and did a bit of water coloring.  I really like how it turned out.

Here's the list of what I used to create this card:
  • Smooth Heavy White Card Stock

  • Ranger Jet Black Archival Ink--permanent & waterproof (with water coloring you don't want your stamped image to bleed)

  • Stampendous Acrylic Stamp Sets--Daisy Thanks & Happy Messages

  • Misti Stamp Tool

  • Zig Clean Color Real Brush Water Color Pens (Yellow, Pink, Haze Blue)

  • Water Brush Pen


If you have never tried water coloring, I invite you to give it a try. I love how the water coloring is also a part of the background behind the flowers.  But even if you don't want to do water coloring, I hope you'll create a card for the Cards in Envy challenge. Use your own fav color combo but make sure your card is flat enough to fit in an "envy" for mailing.

Happy Crafting!
Sandy

Popular Posts