Mother Goose Treasure Box + Photo Studio Set Up


As promised last week, here is my treasure box finished in the retired Graphic 45 Mother Goose collection.  Isn't it adorable??!! For this one I added a chipboard frame piece that I wrapped in the yellow paper from the collection.  Then I added the Mother Goose pattern from the signature piece inside of the frame plus some flowers, ribbon and chipboard pieces.  If you like this treasure box, I am teaching a class on how to make it this Saturday, May 20th at Flossie Scrapper in Joshua, Texas. However, the ones completed in class will be in the Graphic 45 Nature Sketchbook Collection NOT  Mother Goose.  But if you love this one AND have been hording a pack or two of the  Mother Goose, you can certainly make another box with the instructions that come with the class kit.  The class fee is $60 and you do have to register and pay Vicky at the store by Thursday so I can get your kit cut for you.  Call the store at (817) 295-7100

And now a bit about my "photo studio" set up.  I really don't have a studio but do have special lights and now a special backdrop to photograph my finished craft projects.  In addition to my crafting room upstairs, I also have a quilt/sewing room. However I have not had the time nor the inclination to sew or quilt so I've been using the extra space in there to photograph projects.  It has a nice large, white table (bar height) for a cutting table that my husband made for me several years ago.  It's two Closet Maid shelf units (purchased at Home Depot or Lowe's) with a Melamine top cut to fit.  This gives me lots of cubby hole storage places on both ends .  I already had the two large soft box photography lamps (given to me by our daughter when she no longer needed them in a photography studio).  They each are on stands and I can move them around as needed.  But until last week, I did not have a backdrop stand.  I improvised a lot and used different things like white foam core board for my background.  On Etsy I found several floor background stands made out of PVC pipe for baby photography and thought "why wouldn't something like this but shorter work for a backdrop on top of my table?"  The stands on Etsy sell for $75 each.  I showed the photo to my husband and he made it for me for around $10.  You do need a hacksaw to cut the PVC but if you have one or someone who can cut the pipe for you, you can assemble it yourself. He used 1/2" white PVC pipe, two "T" joints and two "Elbow" joints. The white fabric I'm using as the backdrop area is vinyl and I did buy it on Etsy.  I clip it to the top PVC pipe of the stand.  I can also take it apart and store it away in a closet and it's easy to put back together.  Take a look at it in action in the photos below.





And with the set up above and a good camera (I use a Canon 5D but my iPhone 6 plus works really good too), you'll have a product photo like this...


Easy Peasy.

Happy Crafting!
Sandy





Popular Posts