"Voyage on the Mighty Mississippi" Layouts with G45


Last September Eddie and I embarked on an anniversary trip to celebrate our 40th.  Our anniversary is really in June but due to an injury earlier that month (Eddie, not me), we had to postpone.  Ends up, September was much better and cooler weather for such a trip.

In honor of National Scrapbook Day, Graphic 45 asked it's designers to create a double layout for their blog.  I knew I wanted to use a couple of the photos from our Mississippi trip.  But instead of going with a 12x12 for my layouts, I used Graphic 45's Mixed Media pages so I could do a bit of spraying and stamping for the background.  I so love how it turned out! Yes, the pages aren't very big but they can be used to create something big!  I will be doing more of these mixed media pages of our trip and put them in the Graphic 45 Mixed Media album--all decorated up, of course.

I had read many times of these river boat "cruises" and really wanted to go on one for a special event.  We were not disappointed.  If you are looking for fast paced and lots of action, this would not be for you.  For us, however, it was perfect.  Nothing better than spending the day going up the Mississippi looking at birds (Bald Eagles), trees and watching small towns slip by.  The river boat we were on is called the Twilight.  It's a beautiful river steamboat.  Our dining room was on the third floor and we even spent some time at the top with the Captain!


We had lots of "fun."  I put that in quotations because it is a joke with us as Eddie for some reason has never liked the word "fun."  He always has a good time or enjoys himself but he doesn't have "fun."  Whatever. Ha, ha.  He also hates it when I make him take a selfie with me.


I've done a quick process video of this double layout to show you how I brought it all together.  Also, if you have the time--watch on after the crafty video ends.  I've included a clip of a bit of our "fun" trip on the Mighty Mississippi!


These layouts are also on the Graphic 45 blog today along with Maggi's layout and tutorial.  Please take time to check it out.  We also include tips that you might want to use on your own projects.

I want to wish each of you a very Happy National Scrapbook Day.  I hope you are spending the weekend or tomorrow scrapbooking with friends and more importantly---I hope you have FUN!

Happy Crafting!
Sandy

Popular Posts