Where's my Quinton cat? And vacation photo highlights


I haven't blogged since last Monday's pre-scheduled Cards in Envy post.  I just haven't been in the mood to craft or blog.  My Quinton cat disappeared while I was on vacation and has been missing for over a week now. I'm so worried about him and can't imagine where he is. I'm so afraid something bad happened to him. We've looked along all the roads, visited the animal shelter, asked neighbors but no Quinton.  We call him and call him every night and morning. I want him to come home.

We were supposed to go to Matagorda for our annual fishing trip for Labor Day weekend but with the arrival of Hurricane Harvey on the Texas coast we changed our plans at the last minute and headed west. We camped in Alpine, Texas and visited Big Bend National Park, Marfa, Fort Davis and the McDonald Observatory and even took in a Star party and one night we drove out and saw the mysterious Marfa lights.  Our daughter and son-in-law stayed at home to take care of our menagerie of cats. Quinton was mad that I was gone and wouldn't come in the first night and ran away. {Sigh}

Anyway, Here are a few photos from our trip--

Big Bend....


Below my niece, her husband, my brother and his wife, me and my hubby on the Rio Grande River in Big Bend at Santa Elena Canyon.


My niece photo bombing this beautiful scenic photo. Ha, ha.



Terlingua Cemetery...




Marfa City Lights Festival on the town square...




MacDonald Observatory...





Fort Davis....




Alpine, Texas...




We had a great time on the trip and in case you wonder, I did not know about Quinton until I got home. Since getting back, I've done no crafting or blogging. I'm truly in a funk.  I did manage to get my kits bagged up for a two day class I'll be teaching in a few weeks. And I'll be going on a 3 night scrapping retreat this coming weekend. I hope I find my crafting mojo by then.  Here's what my workdesk looks like right now--there is a project under there somewhere that I need to get done.


And here's a selfie of my Quinton and I, taken a few months ago.  He loved to hang out with me in my crafty room, napping and listening to music and attacking a stray tape backing now and then.  Oh, and biting my toes.  I know it's trivial with all the problems people are facing right now--hurricanes, flooding, massive fires, loss of homes and lives but I do miss him and want him to come home if he can.


Check back later this week, if I don't blog before then, I will have a new Graphic 45 project for their blog. It's another Penny's Paper Doll Family project that I created for the summer trade show for the Graphic 45 booth.

Happy Crafting,

Sandy




Popular Posts