Simple Birthday Cards


So I know it looks like all I've created in the past several weeks is birthday cards.  That's not true and I'll explain....I initially made a birthday card for my Cards in Envy Challenge post for week #1.  Then I made another for week #2  of the same challenge.  And since there's an extra Monday in April, I made six birthday cards for week #3.  Yes, I have made a lot of birthday cards and all use the same stamp set and color themes.  I've been enjoying coloring with my Copic markers again and thought a set of these cards would be nice.  Have I been creating anything else?  Yes, of course but those are more detailed projects and were made for Graphic 45.  I don't share them here until they are shared on the G45 blog.  I have four projects (two with tutorials) and one craft room tour video that are pending.  One will be shared this week on Wednesday and it's for the Graphic 45 Spring Sneak Peek Week!  I got to make a project using the newest collection "Imagine" which will hopefully be available for purchase the end of May.  I made an album following a tutorial by Tamra Merrill of Country Craft Creations to show how you can use any tutorial out there and designer papers for your project.  You can find Tamra's YouTube tutorials on her channel at:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWDubVXV1jZld332JKWY2bw

And now, on with my Simple Birthday Cards!

I love making cards that are simple and easy to mail.  These have several layers but are still flat, even the bow.

Here's my supply list for this set of 6 cards:
  • Neenah 110 lb Smooth Solar White Cardstock for the base and the images
  • Bright Blue Cardstock for matting
  • Penny Black "Bubbly" Birthday Stamp Set
  • Stampin' Up! Endless Birthday Wishes Stamp Set
  • Memento Tuxedo Black Ink for the images
  • Prima Color Philosophy Fruit Punch Ink for the sentiment
  • Lawn Fawn 6x6 Perfectly Plaid Paper Pad
  • May Arts Lime Green Jute Button Twine
  • Flowers from stash for the card box
Now that I had a set of cards, I needed a box to store them in so I took two sheets of the 110 lb Smooth Solar White Cardstock and made this....

I ended up with the box a bit too long for the cards so I added a divider which makes a good place to keep postage stamps or fun sequins to add into the envelope.  I topped the box off with papers that matched the cards and a trio of flowers from my stash.

And that's it for today.  Check back here on Wednesday for my Graphic 45 post.  It's a fun 8x8 album in a box.  I think you'll like it!

Happy Crafting!
Sandy


Popular Posts