Butterfly Kisses: Blue Distressed Card for Cards in Envy


It's time for our second June card challenge over on Cards in Envy. And we're "Feeling Blue and Distressed."  Not to worry, it's just the theme of the challenge which means we want cards that are mostly blue and use Distress Ink (in blue hopefully).  So that's exactly what I did.  My card is made only of white cardstock and blue Distress Ink.


First I'll give you the supply list and then I'll share how I made it.

Card Supplies:
  • 110# Solar White Neenah Cardstock
  • Salty Ocean (Blue) Distress Ink
  • Graphic 45 Rubber Stamps
  • Foam Applicator
  • Scor-Board
  • Designer Art Glitter Glue
  • Damp Baby Wipe
First I stamped the images on to a piece of white cardstock with the blue Distress Ink.  I then cut them into 1 1/4" squares.  I also cut six squares slightly larger about 1 3/8" square and inked the edges. Next I glued the image squares onto the larger squares.  The sentiment is stamped on the card base in the lower right corner. I then used my Scor-board to score three lines on the right side and on the lower left side 1/8" apart.  The lines lead to the sentiment.  Then I took the damp baby wipe and very lightly touched the inside inked edges of the butterfly and flowers to let the ink "bleed" to give it a more blurred vintage look.  


I hope you'll join us over on Cards in Envy with your "Blue" card.

Happy Crafting!
Sandy

Popular Posts