Happy 4th of July Card for Cards in Envy


It's a holiday week for us here in the USA.  Actually it's just a holiday "day" but we seem to celebrate most of the week any way even if we have to work.  Fireworks displays started over the past weekend and will probably continue through the coming weekend.  It's hot here though so I'm not sure if we'll even venture outside to attend one.  But the heat hasn't stopped me from making this patriotic, stars, 4th of July card for the Cards in Envy card challenge that started today.  The theme for this current challenge is "Twinkle Little STARS."  You can create a patriotic card like mine or you can create any type of card as long as it has stars on it.  Check out the Cards in Envy blog post today to see the variey of cards featuring stars created by the CIE Designers.

For my card, I went to my stash of Authentique papers and found this collection I've been hoarding since 2013.  I love it and I'm pretty sure that I originally bought two sets of the collection.  It has the perfect balance of red, white & blue papers with lots of stars.  This card is just a layered card created entirely out of paper and the Authentique sticker sheet.

Supply List:
  • Neenah 110 lb. white cardstock for the base
  • Authentique 12x12 "Pride" paper collection & sticker sheet
  • Circle punches 3/4" and 1/2"
  • Art Glitter Designer Glue
  • Foam Tape

The only hard part about making this card was deciding which patterns of the papers to use and which order to mat them on the card base.



For those of you in the United States, have a fun and safe 4th of July.  And for all of you, I hope you'll join us for this challenge over on Cards in Envy.

Happy Crafting!
Sandy


Popular Posts