"Toadily Happy" {CIE Fire or Rain Challenge}


Hello and welcome to the first Monday of November!  Today starts another fun card challenge over on the Cards in Envy blog.  The theme is "Fire or Rain" which means create a card featuring fire or rain or in the fire or rain colors.  I decided to go with RAIN.  As I was making this card, I couldn't really find anything "rain" so when I saw these cute toad stamps I thought "toads or frogs in the rain."  So I created this. Of course once I had it made, I came across some adorable Authentique papers with umbrellas and rain drops. Hmmmm.  But I like this card  and this is the one I'm using for the challenge.  Super easy to make.  

The supply list is below.
  • Neenah 110 lb. Solar White Cardstock
  • Distress Oxide Ink in Broken China & Wild Honey for the image background
  • Penny Black "Toadily" acrylic stamp set (image and sentiment)
  • Lawn Fawn Jet Black Premium Ink
  • Copic Markers
  • Recollections Color Splash 6x6 Paper Pad for the layers
  • Nuvo Crystal Drops for the rain drops
Here's a close up of the rain drops (Nuvo Crystal Drops) that I added to the background for my "Rain."


And that's my card for this challenge. I think it would make a cute anniversary card.  What do you think?  I hope you'll click over to the Cards in Envy blog to take a look at the other cards by the designers and join in on the fun.

Happy Crafting!
Sandy



Popular Posts