Memory Box for the Forever in My Heart Mini Album


I love to make boxes.  How about you?  And I love them when they have a purpose like this one.  This is a Memory Box that I've made from "scratch."  That means I took chipboard, cardstock and patterned paper and constructed a box with a lid that flips open.    The mini album I shared a few days ago will fit in this box or you could use the box to hold memorabilia.   

Here's the box opened with the album inside...

Using a scale of 1 - 10 on how easy this box is to make, I'd give it a 5?? Maybe less. It's really easy to make. But it's assembled with cardstock structure hinges which I know many don't like but for a box this size, it is better and more sturdy to make it that way.  I do have a tutorial video on my YouTube channel on how to make it.   You can watch the video below here in my blog or you can watch it on my YouTube channel.  If you are reading this post in an email, the video will not be visible.



I used up some leftover flowers  to decorate the lid of my box and I added one of the cut-a-parts from the Simple Stories "Heart" paper collection which you can order from Country Craft Creations.  This is my second design team project  for Country Craft Creations this month using this beautiful bereavement paper collection. They've already sold out of the papers but are re-stocking them today so if you want this collection order it soon!


It's very sad that as I was finishing up this project and working on the tutorial video, I received the news that a great-niece by marriage passed away from a swimming accident. I'd known Lisa since she was very little and hadn't seen her in about 10 years though we kept in touch by Facebook.  She was very young, 45 years old.  I'm heartbroken for her husband, mother, sister, other family members and friends. She was a fun, loving, happy person.  She will be missed by so many.

Thank you so much to all of you that follow along with my blog and YouTube channel as I craft my way through life with it's ups and downs.  I will have one more project with this collection, using up some of the scraps and leftover papers.  I think I will do a page layout which I haven't done in many months.  There won't be a tutorial for it but I will share it here on the blog.

Here's another look at my Memory Box that I designed for Country Craft Creations using Simple Stories 12x12  "Heart" Collection.





 Happy Crafting!
Sandy


Popular Posts