Beach Bubbles!




It's the third Monday of May and time for a themed challenge over on the Cards in Envy blog that I host.  For this challenge, I picked the theme of "Make Your Own Background."  There are MANY fun ways to make your own background.  You'll want to check our our blog post on Cards in Envy to see all the wonderful and different ways the Design Team made their own background for their card creations and for details on how they did it! Be sure to visit the blogs of each Design Team member.  There is a link above each one's card along with their name and blog name in the Cards in Envy post.

For my card, I decided to do a technique I learned from Operation Write Home.  I don't remember who to give credit to as I'm not sure if it was a technique tutorial or on a blog hop or what,  BUT I did file it away in my mind to use it some day and it was perfect for this card!  I took small bubble wrap and folded it  into a size that was easy to hold on to and pressed it down into some Stampin' Up! Tempting Turquoise ink.  Then I stamped a white card background with the inked bubble wrap!  I love the look this left and instantly knew I wanted to use an adorable beach digi from Di's Digi Stamps.  I colored her up with my Copic Markers.

Copic Coloring List:

  • Skin E00+E02+E13+R81
  • Hair Y00+Y21+Y23
  • Hat E41+E43
  • Swimsuit R81+R83+R85
  • Trim on Swimsuit R00
  • Sand Pail Y04+Y06+Y08+B24+B28
  • Sand E30+E31+E34
  • Sailboat R46
  • Sail YR82+YR68
  • Ocean B01+B04+B06
  • Sky B0000

The banner is cut from My Mind's Eye Kate & Co. "Cambridge Ct." and the brads are from the same collection. So summery! Perfect for a beach card!

This was a fun and simple card to make, but perfect for mailing! And perfect for the Cards in Envy challenge!!  The challenge runs through June 2nd so you have lots of time to make a fun background of your own and share with us!  Hope to see you there!

Happy Crafting,


Popular Posts