Keep Dreaming


Happy Friday! And Happy Memorial Day!  Since I may not be back on the blog over the weekend, I want to express my gratitude to all who have lost a loved one while serving to protect my country, the United States of America.  Your sacrifice and their sacrifice is greatly appreciated.

Today's card is for the new Digi Haven Challenge which has a theme of "Butterflies."  I was given this fabulous butterfly and poppy image from our sponsor Floppy Latte to color up.  For this one I decided to go with lighter colors for a more muted look. I used my Copic markers in the following colors...

Copic Coloring List:

  • Poppy Flower YR00+ W1+ W4+ Y11
  • Butterfly Y11+W1
  • Leaves G82
  • Background Shadow BG000
I added some yellow Stickles to the butterfly's wings.  I actually printed up the image twice so I could use two of the butterflies and stack the one I cut out on top of the one with the flower to make it look like it is about to take flight.  Here's a close up of the butterfly so you can see the details and Stickles  a bit better.



And now a crafting confession of sorts.  I colored up the image first without picking out my papers.  I normally create in reverse by picking out my papers first and then coloring the image to go with the papers.  So for this one, I had already colored my image and had even added the second butterfly.  On the day I put the card together, we were having thunderstorm and a tornado warning and I wanted to get the card done, photographed and turned in for the Design Team deadline.  Right now my crafty room is in a terrible state of product, project and trash confusion.  Among the piles of stuff I found a new 6x6 pad of designer paper from My Mind's Eye Find Your Wing & Fly Collection "Sky's the Limit"  that I'd purchased and flipped through and was happy that the paper colors went very nicely with my pre-colored digi image.  There was a sheet of left over stickers on a counter and I decided that the "Keep Dreaming" sticker would make a perfect sentiment but I felt it needed to be placed on some decorative tape or ribbon to make it stand out.  So I started digging around in my crafty piles and found a new package of Washi, Trendy or Decorative tape--whatever you call it and since it was from My Mind's Eye AND since I bought it the same time that I bought the paper pack I was using I figured it would be complimentary with the papers.  I didn't really look--just cut it and stuck it on.  It was after I'd added the sentiment that I noticed that it did not go with that paper. Ugh.  And wouldn't you know, that tape was stuck good.  So I left it.  Now, if this messes with your matchy, matchy sensibilities like it does me.  I'm sorry, but we'll have to let go of that thought and accept this card as a beautiful butterfly encouragement card that tells one to "Keep Dreaming" and if they do, then they will hopefully find bright colors in their life like the stripe of that tape. Ha, ha.  Oh yes, the decorative tape was by My Mind's Eye but it was from the Kate & Co. Collection "Cambridge Ct." I wonder if I bought any papers to go with it. Hmmm...

I hope you will go over to Digi Haven and check out our Butterflies challenge.  The challenge runs for two weeks and there is a prize for one random winner picked from those who participate in the challenge.  Just remember you need to use a digital image on your creation to join in on this challenge and we must see butterflies!

Happy Crafting,

Popular Posts