In Memory of my Mother


Today's new challenge at Digi Haven is "Mother's Day or Floral."  My mother passed away in April of 2011 and I no longer make Mother's Day cards unless it is for Operation Write home but the deadline for this year was months ago so I made a Floral card for this challenge.  Though it may not say "Mother's Day", it is in memory of my sweet Mother.

Our sponsor for this fortnight challenge is My Grafico and the design team was given the "Fancy Flowers" set to work with.  I chose this lovely poppy and printed it up in two different sizes and colored them with my Copic markers.

Copic Coloring List:
  • Poppies R20+R22+R24
  • Centers of the Poppies W4+W5+W6
  • Leaves YG03+YG63+YG93+YG95

After I colored the poppies, I covered them with Glossy Accents to give them some dimension and to make the color deeper and fussy cut them out.  The papers for this card are from Prima's Doddle Deux 6x6 pad.  I used Queen & Co.Trendy Tape (black with white dots) and yellow rick rack.  The bow is tied from black elastic thread.

So, do you make Mother's Day cards?  If, yes, then come join us for the Digi Haven challenge and if you don't, come share a floral card.  One random winner will receive one Digital Stamp set from My Grafico.

I hope to see you there.  



Popular Posts