Pillows, Cushions, Classes Oh My!

It's been a busy week!  


I spent the afternoon on Sunday, Mother's Day, experiencing quality time with my daughter by sewing cushions for her vintage camper. I can't think of a better way to celebrate the day.   She helped with the measuring, cutting and pinning and gave me moral support while I did the sewing. We still have three more small cushions to cover this afternoon and/or tomorrow.  Last night before the numerous thunderstorms hit, I finished sewing the throw pillows.  They turned out really cute and I love the fabric she chose!

We only had rain, lightning and a bit of small hail here at our house last night. But some neighboring towns suffered lots of damage with many homes damaged by wind and large hail or demolished by the tornadoes.  Many people were hurt and so far six have died in these storms.  I feel so sad for those people.  So many different areas were hit by these ferocious storms.  In a situation like that you have to stay alert and listen to the weather reports to try and follow where the storms are headed and still it can take you by surprise.

On another note, I'm excited to share that I will be teaching a mini album class at my local scrapbook store, Cat's Creations Scrapbooks in June!  At the recent retreat, many ladies wanted to know more about the hidden hinge albums I was working on.  I gave them info about where to buy tutorials from Kathy Orta but some wanted a class.  I didn't have the teaching licenses on the albums I had but when Cat approached me it was decided that I would design my own album, using one or more of the various hidden hinge methods available.  I will be working with My Mind's Eye "Find Your Wings And Fly" Collection using the "Up & Away" paper kit.  I'm excited to work on this album this weekend so I'll have photos to share for Cat's Event page.  A few ladies have already signed up for the class!

There will be two options for this class.  You can sign up for the session to make the album using Bazzill cardstock and chipboard which is the "Bare Bones" class.  Then you can sign up for the "Pimp it Up" class on the same day and decoorate your album pages with the above paper kit (included with your kit fee.)  Or you can take your assembled album home and use your own papers or a different collection to make it in a style that you like.  I think this will be so much fun and if you are a local peep in North Texas, check out Cat's Creations Scrapbooks facebook page and click on EVENTS.  The class size is limited because of the details in creating the album hinge, spine, cover and pages, so don't wait too long to sign up!

Have a crafty happy day and my thoughts and prayers are with all who were affected by the storms.

Popular Posts