I'm a Winner!

 

Cat's Creations Scrapbooks had a Designer contest earlier this month.  I bought the kit, Lucy's Crab shack by Bazzill, and took on the challenge--create a 2 page layout, a card and another project out of the leftover stuff.  The ladies attending the scrapbook retreat this past weekend voted and I won!  I'm pretty excited as I get a $35 gift certificate from Cat's and will be featured on her blog.  Granted, only two of us finished the challenge and Shaunery, the other challenger, does some amazing stuff.  I haven't seen her creations yet but I'm sure they were fabulous so I'm thinking that my "Treasure Box" (shown above) is what won it for me.

All of these photos in this post were taken by Cat as she still has my items at her store.  I stole the photos from her Facebook wall. I just had to share and she said it was okay.

I created a two page layout first (12x12 size) to make sure I had enough to get that done.  I'm not sharing photos of the pages because sometime at the retreat someone spilled their coffee on mine and Shaunery's layouts!  There's a pretty bad coffee stain across the top of both my pages.  I'll have to see them in person to figure out a way to salvage them.  I may opt for making them stained on all sides. We'll see.

After I created the layouts, I made the card.  I also made a matching envelope for it.  I created pinwheels out of scraps of the paper from the layouts and added banner stickers that were included in the kit.



I had so much fun with this challenge and I'm thankful to Cat for giving me this opportunity and to all the wonderful ladies who voted for me at the retreat. I'm looking forward to the next challenge.  I've already picked up my kit (Halloween) and can't wait to get started.  Game on!!

Happy Crafting!

Popular Posts