It's Coming....Happy Halloween!

Yep.  It's coming!  Halloween!  In just a little over 6 weeks! Wow!  So, of course, I had to make a Halloween card with one of the super cute Beccy's Place digital stamps.  This one is called "Haunted Birdhouse" and the card is for the new challenge at Digi Haven.  This time we have a sketch challenge! And this fabulous sketch was designed by one of our Digi Haven Designers--Kevin!   The sketch is really for a square card but I was able to successfully use it for an A2 card size (4.25" x 5.5").  I love being able to tweak a sketch for my own needs, use it to inspire me while still being able to see the original sketch design in my card.  

I colored the "Haunted Birdhouse" image with my Copic Markers.  The pumpkins are YR12+YR14+YR16 with stems in E34+W1.  The crow is W4+W5+W7+C5 and the hunted birdhouse is E31+E37+W1+W2+Y28+C5.  I also colored the background of the image with Copic W00+W1.  The papers I used are My Mind's Eye 6x6 Mischievous from last year and I used an acrylic stamp for the sentiment from my stash. I created the corner piece by cutting a square of black paper from the 6x6 pack, cutting it in half and then punching out a half circle with a 3/4" circle punch.

So, have you made any Halloween cards yet?  No?  Then maybe you'd like to head over to Beccy's Place and buy a digi stamp (or use one of her freebies) and create one for this challenge.  Of course you don't have to make a Halloween card for the challenge--just create one that follows Kevin's sketch and then link it up to the Digi Haven Challenge blog post.  There will be a prize for a randomly selected entry from Beccy's Place!

See you at Digi Haven!  I'll be watching for you!! :)



Popular Posts