Thinking of You


Well it's a new year.  2015.  And a new year is not always happy for everyone. I made this card for the current Cards in Envy challenge but also to send to someone who's husband passed away suddenly after Christmas.  It is all very sad and I'm heartbroken for her even though I don't know her personally.  Many of you may know of Kathy Orta Files, owner of Paper Phenomenon and an extraordinary mini album designer.  On December 27th her husband passed away.  All I know is it was sudden and unexpected.  His funeral was Saturday--he was 38 years old.

Sorry to start off this post with such sad news, but occasionally we have to craft things for sad situations.  Anyway, this is the first challenge for Cards in Envy for 2015.  The theme is "Make it a BANNER Year."  Which means--make a card with banners on it!  I decided to use three banners on my card made from papers that came from the same collection. Then I kept it simple by adding the sentiment and a twine bow.

Creation Details:

  • Cardstock - White & Toffee Brown

  • Designer Papers - My Mind's Eye 12x12, Indie Chic Collection 2012; Saffron "Dreams" Filigree Paper and "Memories" Rose Patch Paper

  • Sentiment - Papertrey Ink

  • Ink - Prima Chalk in "Branch Bark"

  • Twine - American Crafts

I hope you will join us for this challenge.  It runs until Sunday, January 18th.  The Cards in Envy Designers pick the top card from the entries and then their own personal favorite.  All chosen receive a badge for their own blog.  Just remember cards for Cards in Envy must be flat for mailing and A2 size only (4.25" x 5.5").


Blessings to you for this new year and hug your loved ones - family & friends more often.


Happy Crafting,

Popular Posts