Happy Fourth of July!


Today starts a new challenge over on Cards in Envy.  The theme is stripes.  I decided to go with a really simple design and use stripes to create a Fourth of July card since today is...the Fourth of July!

To create this card, I started with some white card stock and created one stripe at a time by applying first 3/8" Scor-tape and rubbed on Warm Diamond (white) Elizabeth Craft Microfine glitter.  I then added 1/4" Scor-tape and True Red Microfine glitter.  And finished with 1/4" Scor-tape and Soft Teal Microfine glitter.  This is a fun way to get glitter on a card.  You just apply the Scor-tape, peel off the backing, sprinkle on the Microfine glitter, tap off the excess and then rub the glitter in to the tape with your finger.  I stamped the sentiment with a Lawn Fawn Happy Everything acrylic stamp and clear embossing ink and then added WOW! Red Glitz Embossing glitter and heat set it with my embossing gun.  Then I matted the piece to some red dot patterned paper from my stash and added it to a 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" card base.  Done. Simple and fairly quick.

I'm not sure yet what we'll be doing today to celebrate the holiday.  We went out to a Fourth of July Celebration at a friend's place on the Brazos River on Saturday evening and had lots of good food, fun visiting and fireworks.

I hope you'll join us for this Stripes card challenge over on Cards in Envy.  The challenge runs for two weeks and you can make a card for any occasion , not just Fourth of July, as long as it features STRIPES.  The challenge takes any size cards and any shape as long as they are flat enough to fit in an envy (envelope) for mailing.

If you live in the USA and celebrate The Fourth of July, our Independence Day, I hope you have a fun and safe one.  I think for sure I'll eat some watermelon--cold.  My favorite summer treat.

Happy Crafting,

Popular Posts