World's Fair Suitcase, Take Two


Tomorrow is my class at Flossie Scrapper in Burleson, Texas for the Graphic 45 World's Fair Suitcase!  Since it had been a few months since I'd made the original one, I decided to make another for "Take Two" to refresh my memory and to add in some construction improvements that I'd made on another suitcase project using different papers.  This time I did not have the same Prima flowers that I used on the original suitcase so I pilfered around in my stash of flowers and found these.  They work wonderfully!  The dark reddish orange one on the right was really a darker tan color but I colored it with some Prima Crimson Red Spray to get the color I wanted.  I love these sprays! They never clog and the color is so beautiful! You can buy these at Flossie's. The gold beads in the center of the flower are also Prima and I attached them in with 3D Lacquer (or you could use Glossy Accents).  I'll be sharing this suitcase in the class tomorrow because some in attendance may no longer be able to get the original Prima flowers that I used and I want them to see how easy it is to use other flowers.

Here's a full photo of the "Take Two" World's Fair Suitcase. 

I know I've not been very active on the blog this week and maybe last week too?? I can't remember! It's been crazy, insane busy here in my world with office stuff, kitting these class kits and taking care of hubby as he recovers from his back/leg injury from about a month ago. He's doing much better and is working but some evenings it is still a challenge as he starts hurting again. Hopefully, though, we won't be having to go back to the doctor or at least not for a while. I'm looking forward to tomorrow and to Sunday which will be a day of crafting and designing.  I'll be working on my August Graphic 45 Design Team assignments!

If you are signed up for my class tomorrow, shoot me an email at:  strefger@gmail.com and I will add you to the Google Slide for this class (if you have a smart phone or tablet that is) so you can follow along with images of different steps for this project during class.  If you are not signed up for this class, don't worry...I think we will be offering it again in October!  Check back here or over on Flossie Scrapper.

Happy Crafting!

Popular Posts