It's Texas Tea Time with Graphic 45

If you are here for the Cards in Envy post, please scroll down to the next post. Thanks!


It's very hot right now in Texas and nothing is more perfect than a nice glass of ice tea with lemon. In Texas, even in the winter, our tea is always iced tea.  But that doesn't mean I don't love a pretty tea serving tray and teapot.


As a Graphic 45 designer, one of our assignments for July was to take something old and upcycle it with the fabulous Graphic 45 DIY Craft paper rolls.  I came up with the idea of covering a picture frame with the paper, adding more paper on the inside mat along with other Graphic 45 papers and then attaching some fun handles to create a serving tray.  I love, love, love how this turned out.

Here's the before photo of my picture frame.  I bought it at the local antique mall-- Miss B's on North Main Street in Weatherford, Texas for $1.50 and it came with the glass. And, I bought the fabulous drawer pulls to use for the handles at the same mall for just $3.00!  Score!!!




Have you seen the DIY craft  paper rolls by Graphic 45?  No?  They come in different patterns and the paper is thinner and are a larger size so they are great for upcycling larger projects and the patterns and colors work perfectly with other Graphic 45 paper lines.  I used the one below with Graphic 45 Ladies Diary to get the look I wanted for my serving tray.


To show you how I did my upcycle tray, I've done a YouTube Tutorial Video which you can find on today's Graphic 45 blog post and there is also a detailed supply list. My project is showcased along with another project by Alexandra on their blog. I hope you'll go check it out!

Popular Posts