It's Summer! Let's head to the beach with Graphic 45!


I love banners and I couldn't help but create this fun summer one for  my July assignment as a Graphic 45 Designer. Graphic 45 makes it so easy to make banners for any occasion in no time at all with their wonderful staples products and papers!

I used their Red ATC Alphabet Banners Tags which already has the letters cut out of the tags and backed them with the beautiful Voyage Beneath the Sea 6x6 Patterns & Solids papers.  I also used those papers to create pinwheels with chipboard centers from the collection.  The flowers are punched from the the papers too and I created their centers with a small circle punch.  The banner tags come with black ribbon but for a more summery look, I opted to use natural colored cord and then to finish it off, I tied rick-rack and tattered ribbon between each tag.  The flag banners were hand cut from the Voyage Beneath the Sea papers.  I inked all the edges to give it dimension.

Here's my supply list:

  • Graphic 45 Staples Red ATC Alphabet Banners

  • Graphic 45 Voyage Beneath the Sea, Patterns & Solids 6x6

  • Graphic 45 Voyage Beneath the Sea Chipboard 2

  • Flower Punch

  • Circle Punch, ½”

  • Cord or Ribbon, approx. 1 ½ yards

  • Ric-Rack Ribbon

  • Ribbon or Fabric Strips that can be frayed

  • Ranger Distress Ink, Gathered Twigs

Pinwheels are really easy to make: Cut a square from paper the size of the pinwheel you want, fold the square corner to corner and then unfold.  Cut along the fold lines about 2/3 of the way toward the center. Do not cut all the way.  Bring every other point into the center and glue down, add a chipboard piece to seal the center.  You will have four points glued to the center.


I just love the summer, beachy colors of this paper collection and the prints and solids 6x6 pack let's you focus on the colors rather than the images (which are beautiful) if you're wanting something a little more neutral.




In the above photo, you can see the frayed ribbon and the yellow rick-rack ribbon a bit better and the punched flowers.  The ribbons really help to fill out the banner.

I hope you are all enjoying your summer.  Here in the USA, yesterday was the Fourth of July! A day of celebrating our country's birth with lots of fireworks, yummy food (especially watermelon for me) red, white & blue!  Summer is definitely in full swing!

My banner will be featured on the Graphic 45 blog today along with some gorgeous beach tags by Katelyn.  Make sure you go by and check it all out! There should be a great Graphic 45 giveaway plus tips from both Katelyn and I.

Happy Crafting!

Popular Posts