It's a HEAT Wave!! Cards in Envy Challenge


Yep.  It's hot outside!!! It is definitely summer here in Texas.  We are about to move into our hottest week yet by reaching 100 degrees (f) on most days.  Thanks goodness for air conditioning! I didn't know it when I picked the challenge theme for Cards in Envy that it would be this hot but then again...it's July.  It does get hot this time of the year.  So...here's a bit about the challenge:

  • It's a card challenge.

  • It starts in the morning (12:15 a.m. Central Daylight Savings Time)

  • The theme is "It's a Heat Wave" which means Summer cards OR cards with "hot" colors

  • Cards can be any size or any shape but flat enough to fit in an "envy" for mailing, thus the challenge name Cards in Envy.

  • Here's the link:  www.cardsinenvy.blogspot.com

Yes, I know today is Sunday and not Monday.  I'm sharing my card a day early because I don't like to put two posts on the same day.  That's just me. Ha,ha,   Tomorrow on my blog will be my Graphic 45 July upcycling project.  It's something different from me so you'll want to check it out. But for now, here's my card for the challenge. It will be on the Cards in Envy blog TOMORROW. And since I'm giving you a heads up, you can make a Summer or Hot colors card today and have it ready to go for the challenge in the morning. I hope you'll join us.

Here's how I created this card--it has a bit of "mixed media" vibe I think.  I'd bought some new stamps from Wow!  "Just Saying" Stamp Set 41 and "Hey Little Flowers" Stamp Set 42.  They are new and just introduced.  I punched  1" and 1.25" circles in cardstock for a template and then laid the template over my card front.  I then took Prima chalk ink in pink, hot pink, bright yellow, and teal and colored circles onto the card front with the circle template I'd made.  Next, I stamped the "Hey Little Flowers" on top of the circles with Wow! Clear Ultra Slow Embossing Ink and added Wow! Primary Ebony Super Fine Embossing powder, tapped it off and heated it with my heating tool.  I also stamped the "Happy Birthday" sentiment with the clear embossing ink and ebony powder.   Once the flowers and sentiment were embossed and had cooled down a bit, I rubbed some of the chalk ink onto my craft mat, spritzed with water and then took a brush and flicked color onto the card front.  I inked the edges with the hot pink chalk ink. Before matting the card front onto the card base, I lined the edges of the base with teal Washi tape and I also added tape and a mat to the inside of the card. You can see a bit of the inside in the photo below.


And that's my "It's a Heat Wave!" Hot Summer colors card for the Cards in Envy challenge that starts in the morning.  I hope I've inspired you to stay inside where it's cooler and make a card for the challenge.

Happy Crafting!

Popular Posts