Graphic 45 Workshop Retreat a Success plus a sneak peek!




Here's a recap of the weekend.  I arrived at the Crafty Creations Retreat House in Mansfield, Texas last Wednesday to unload the groceries for all our meals and the project supplies.  Later, my friend Barbara arrived to help me set up.  We also ran a few errands and were back at the house to watch Survivor.  We were very happy with who got voted off by the way.

On Thursday, the other 11 retreat attendees began to arrive (Barbara was number 12) we had a full house!  They arrived from local areas like Burleson, Arlington, Grand Prairie, etc.  and from far off places such as  Austin, Colorado and California!  After dining on pizza we started in on our first project around 7 or 7:30 that night--the Portrait of a Lady Card Folio and Cards.  The great thing about a workshop retreat is that you work on your project at your own speed by following the instructions and I get everyone started with  basic steps and how to's and I'm there for any and all questions.  The photo collage above shows the projects that were worked on over the course of the weekend with some finishing all, or almost all of their projects and others leaving with a good start and plans to finish them at home.  Most of all it was a great time of talking, laughing and creating with others who love Graphic 45 as much as I.  The last car pulled out on Sunday afternoon just before 5 with me heading out as well.  We were all tired I think but made new friends and really enjoyed ourselves and hope to do something similar again together one day.  We all exchanged phone numbers and email addresses to stay in contact.  And I entertained with a tap dance. Not really. Well I tried. Ha, ha.

And to show that some really did get projects done, here's a photo Cheryl from California sent me once she got home of all that she got done. Fabulous!  What made it really awesome is that I encouraged them to follow the basic construction techniques but to feel free to choose what papers (from the kit collection) they wanted to use and make each project their own and they did wonderful  doing just that as you can see in Cheryl's photo!


So will I host another one?  Perhaps.  But maybe with less projects (though I love all of these) or maybe for less days and only 1 or 2 projects.  Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy with how this workshop retreat turned out but I was very tired by the time I got home.  But after a day of resting (and doing laundry) I'm back to catching up with office work and planning in my head my next Graphic 45 project.

I will be featured on Friday on the Graphic 45 blog with a little Easter project and will share here on my blog too.  For now, enjoy this little sneak peek so come back Friday to see what it is!


Thank you so much to each of you who attended my Graphic 45 Workshop Retreat. It really was a blast!!


Happy Crafting!
Sandy

Popular Posts