Happy Valentine's Day Card for Cards in Envy


Hello and Happy Monday!  And Happy Almost Valentine's Day!  Have you made any Valentine cards yet?  Hmmmm...if you plan to, now would be a good time. Ha, ha.  Today starts a new card challenge over on Cards in Envy and since Valentine's Day will be here soon, our theme is " Love You So Much!"which means...love cards and Valentine's are in order.

I went quick and simple again.  This card design is for those of you who don't like to stamp and color or just don't have the time right now.  The only stamping done was the sentiment and if you don't want to do that, you could print it up on your computer.  All you need is pretty papers that you can layer.  Once again, easy peasy.

Here's what I used to create mine:
  • White Cardstock
  • Red Cardstock
  • Patterned Paper from Simon Says Stamp 2017 Card Kit
  • Patterned Paper from Recollections 6x6 "Valentine's Day" Pad 
  • Simon Says Stamp Acrylic Sentiment Stamp from the "Hello Beautiful" set
  • Wow! Embossing Ink
  • Wow! Red Glitz Embossing Glitter
  • Nuvo Clear Crystal Drops
  • Red Button Twine
First, I cut and folded my card base and then I stamped and embossed the sentiment to the base leaving room for my layers.  Then I layered my papers and glued them to the base.  I wrapped the button twine around the front of the card base and tied it into a bow.  (I covered the back of the string on the inside of the card with another layer of patterned paper.)  I cut a heart out of the patterned paper scraps and glued it to the center of the bow and added Nuvo Clear Crystal Drops over the entire cut out heart.  And that's it!  Please do create a love or Valentine card (or more--you can share 3) and link it to the Cards in Envy blog card challenge.

Check back tomorrow to see one of my Creativation projects that I created for Graphic 45.  I used the Little Women collection.  If you can't wait until tomorrow, then head over to the Graphic 45 blog today (after 11:00 a.m. Central) to see it.

Happy Crafting!
Sandy

Popular Posts