Happy Valentine's Day!


"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is to love and be loved in return."
~Unforgettable, Nat King Cole, American Singer, Pianist

I created this card yesterday afternoon to have something pretty to put on the blog today for Valentine's Day.  It's a bit too frilly for my husband but I love it so it's mine.. Ha, ha, 

This is a shaker card. I love to make shaker cards.  The heart has an clear acrylic center and it's filled with sparkly pink prills, red seed beads and gold ones too.  I made it with two different heart dies. I like to cut several layers of a frame out of cardstock. I think I used 6 layers to get the thickness I wanted. You need it thick or tall enough to give room for the shaker bits to "shake."  I glue all the frame layers together.  Glue on a back piece and then add in my prills and beads.  Next, I glue the acrylic transparency piece that I also cut out with a die onto the frames and seal in the shaker bits.  I then add one last frame to the top.  For this one I added a scallop heart frame.

Here's the list of the supplies I used for this card:
  • White Cardstock
  • Red Cardstock
  • Authentique 6x6 Adore Paper Pad
  • Heart Dies
  • Clear Acrylic Transparency Sheet
  • Pink Prills
  • Red and Gold Seed Beads
  • Flowers
  • Red Seam Binding Ribbon
  • White Heart Button
  • Simon Says Stamp "Hello Beautiful" Sentiment Stamp Set
  • Wow! Embossing Ink
  • Wow! Red Glitz Glitter Embossing Powder
  • Wow! Strawberry Sunday Embossing Powder
I'm not sharing a What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday photo today. After creating this card, I cleaned it off and it's nice and neat until I start my next project so there's really not much to see.

I hope each of you have a wonderful Valentine's Day however you choose to celebrate.  It could be as simple as giving someone a hug.  

Happy Crafting!
Sandy



Popular Posts