Fairie Dust Diorama for Graphic 45


Hello and Happy Monday to you!  I'm a bit slow today getting this blog post done as the time changed over the weekend and I've lost an hour of sleep. Ha, ha.  I'm not going to complain about Daylight Savings Time as much this year I hope. But you regular followers know how much I hate it and now that's it's changed for the year, I just wish our legislators would pass a law and keep it on DST forever and stop the switching back and forth.  Okay, I'm done.  On with this project and the gorgeous new paper collection from Graphic 45!

If you haven't seen it yet and haven't bought it yet, you should.  Fairie Dust is simply scrumptious AND it's a fussy cutter's dream come true. Seriously.  I decided that I'd make a Fairie Dust Diorama for one of my Graphic 45 projects and do some fussy cutting myself.  I used the 12x12 paper for this collection and one of their pre-made ATC boxes.  I also used the G45 Key Hole and Door Knob that you can purchase from their staple collection.


I decorated the front of the box with lots of flowers and ribbons.  I used one of the Graphic 45 label holders as a lift pull to open the box.  Sadly, these have been discontinued but if you're lucky like me, maybe you have several still on hand.  Or you could use some other metal piece to create a pull for your box.

On the inside, I added fussy cut fairies and mushrooms from the paper collection along with flowers and a bit of the stained cheesecloth.





If you'd like to make a diorama like this one or one using any of the beautiful Graphic 45 papers, I have a YouTube video tutorial on how I created this one.



I hope you all have a wonderful week.  I know many are on Spring break from school.  I've returned from a 4 day scrapbooking retreat in Mt. Calm, Texas and I got several projects completed. I'm excited about that. Some were for Graphic 45, so I can't share those until they have been shared on their blog. But there are a couple of others that I got done that I hope to share in a few days or so.  You can also visit Graphic 45's blog for more photos of this project and for my Tips and Fun Facts.  It's up on their blog today and there's a new weekly prize package giveaway.

Happy Crafting!
Sandy



Popular Posts