"Water Coloring" for Cards in Envy Card Challenge


Hello. It's the third Monday of the month and that means there's a new card challenge over on Cards in Envy.  Our challenge this time is NO PATTERNED PAPER!  Create a card that uses no patterned paper in your background or your layers.  You can use solid cardstock as I've done or you can create a patterned background on to your solid cardstock as many of the other CIE Designers have done so be sure to check out today's challenge post at Cards in Envy for some great ideas and tips.

The image for my card is "water colored."  That's in quotations because it's not really water colored at all and it's not done on water color paper.  Last week I learned of a new technique.  I'm not sure if it's been around for a bit or if it's totally new but I got the idea from a Gina K Designs StampTV blog post and YouTube video.  The image is stamped on copy paper and you color it as normal with Copic markers but you use the back side of the image as the "water colored" finished side.  Now I need more practice with this but I'm liking it.  However, I did not use the back side of my image for this card. Perhaps it was the stamp I used or as I said, I need more practice as I didn't like it.  So I used the front side of my image but you know what? When you stamp and color with Copics on copy paper, it still looks like water coloring. However, you  need to stamp your image with I lighter ink color.  I used my blending pen to add highlight to the centers of the flowers.  All the layers are solid cardstock to make sure that I did not use any patterned paper for this card and so it would work for the challenge.  I tore and tattered the edges of the image paper  and attached to the layers and then added a yellow jute string bow before attaching to the card base.  I also spattered brown ink onto the white background with the flowers.  Another quick and easy card.  I hope you'll have a try at "water coloring" with Copic markers on copy paper and let me know your results.

Here's the supply list for my card:
  • White cardstock (Heavier Weight for the Base)
  • Kraft Cardstock
  • Tan Cardstock
  • White Copy Paper
  • Memento Pistachio Green Ink
  • Acrylic stamps from Stampendous "Daisy Thanks" set
  • Yellow May Arts Jute String
  • Black Ultra Fine Sharpie Pen (for dots on the flower centers)
  • Nuvo Clear Glitter Gloss
  • Copic Markers Y35, E34, YG95, E0000 and Blending Pen
And that's my card for the Cards in Envy card challenge - No Patterned Paper.  I hope you'll join us.  I will have another blog post later this morning or this afternoon for one of my Graphic 45 projects.

Happy Crafting!
Sandy

Popular Posts