Good Friday and Happy Easter to You!


Just popping in on this beautiful Spring day to send you Good Friday blessings and to wish you a Happy Easter!  And to share this card I made a few days ago.

A couple of posts ago I shared some sunflowers on a card that I made and I used a different coloring technique on the flowers.  I decided to experiment some more and this is the result.  To refresh or in case you didn't see the earlier post, the image is stamped on white COPY paper (this technique is not my original idea) and I used a lighter Memento Ink.  I think I used a light green.  You then use your alcohol markers (I use Copics) and color your image as usual.  Of course the ink bleeds to the back of the paper and because it is so thin, you see your image "perfectly" colored on the back but more "water color" looking.  On the backside I took my blending marker and touched up some edges and then used a white pen to add some detail to the flower petals and the bow.  I cut out the image and glued it to the patterned paper of my card.  It's really hard to see the edges of the image on that thinner copy paper.  Here's a close up so you can see...


You can see how the coloring looks more "water colored" and there are no lines on the stamped image because I used the lighter green color of ink.

I still like the crisper colored images from the Copics on thicker cardstock but for that occasion that you might want  a "water colored" image, give this a try.


Supplies Used:
  • White Cardstock
  • White Copy Paper
  • Prima Julie Nutting "Blush" 6x6 Paper Pad
  • Lawn Fawn "Spring" Stamp Set (2015) -Bunny, grass & sentiment
  • Flower Stamp from my stash
  • Pistachio Green Memento Ink (Image)
  • Lawn Fawn Jet Black Premium Ink (Sentiment)
  • Copic Markers
  • White Gel Pen
Have a wonderful weekend and be sure to check back on Monday.  I will have two blog posts that day.  In the early morning I will share a card that I've designed for Cards in Envy and then later in the morning I will share another one of my projects that I've designed for Graphic 45.

Happy Crafting!
Sandy

Popular Posts