Happy Holidays ~ A Challenging Challenge!


For the month of February, the challenge over on Christmas Cards All Year 'Round is to create a CHRISTMAS card using red & white (easy enough) with HEARTS & FLOWERS!  I must admit, my creative brain almost came to a screeching halt!  I just could not wrap my head around the thought of hearts on a Christmas card.  Others on the Design Team were creating  fabulous cards.  Me?  I still sat on the sidelines.  Waiting.  And I was really thankful I had a month to create this card!   I finally thought of using my little snow globe die on the Big Shot and that got me going.  Whew!  Inside the snow globe I stamped part of a snowman and colored him up just a tiny bit with Copic Markers (YR07 Nose, R46 Scarf and C1 Shadows).  Then I stamped and embossed some snowflakes.  Added some punched hearts and attached a clear "globe" to the front.  Next, I added a couple of Bazzil paper flowers and painted them with X-mas Red Stickles to give them a sparkly Christmasy look.  The bow is tied from sheer red ribbon with a silver & red brad in the center.  Then I decided to add a couple of seamstress pins but I wanted snowflakes on them so I glued plastic snowflakes that I painted with Diamond Stickles to the heads of the pins.  I also added a small punched heart to the sentiment banner.  And there it is! My Hearts & Flowers, Red & White Christmas card!

Be sure to head over to Christmas Cards All Year 'Round to see what the other Design Team members created for this challenge.  You'll be blown away, just as I was.  But don't let that intimidate you--put your creative thinking cap on and come up with your own creation for the challenge.  You've got a month to get it done!

Happy Crafting,





Popular Posts