How to Create a Mini Fold Out Album

The mini fold-out album below was created for The Stamping Shack using one of their digital images.  The tutorial is for another mini fold-out album that I made.  Both are made using this technique. ~ Sandy



First, gather your supplies:
  • Letter size, manila office file folder.  I got mine from my office and we  probably purchased the folders at Walmart or Office Max.
  • 6x6 Paper Pad.  For the "Why We Are Friends" album, I used Carta Bella's "Paris Girl" and for the one in these instructions, I used Carta Bella's "Beautiful Moments."
  • Adhesives - ATG Gun or Tape Runner & Sticky Tape such as Red Tape, Sookwang or Scor-Tape
  • Distress Ink, use a color to compliment your papers
  • Assorted Ribbons and Tulle.   I also used a bit of Washi Tape
  • Favorite Digital Image, optional
  • Coloring Medium to color the image, I used my Copic Markers.
  • Assorted Flowers.  I used small Bazzill paper flowers and two large print flowers from my stash that I tore apart to make several different flowers.
  • Embellishments.  Brads, charms (butterfly), corsage stick pins, rhinestones, word stickers (Authentique) etc.
 Tools:
  • Trimmer
  • Bone Folder
  • Scissors
  • Foam Inker
  • Die Cutter and Dies (Optional)
  • Ruler
  • Corner Rounder (For the Tags)
  • Hole Punch  (For the Tags) 
  • Circle Punch (For Cutting Notches in the Pockets)

The steps below are photos only.  I do not have written instructions for this project.










 






 










 













I'm still adding embellishments and tags to the mini fold out album shown above.  Almost got it all done last night but still a few little details to do, so I'll take a photo of the finished album cover and pages this afternoon and will share it in a separate post.

Have a super crafty day!


Popular Posts