Sweet, Kind, Nice, Wonderful



Hello again! This is my second post this morning! If you're here for the Seems A Little Sketchy post, please scroll down a bit BUT, be sure to check out this post too!  I'm so excited because today is the very first challenge for Cards in Envy, a challenge blog that I've started with my online friend and co-hostess, Denise.  We came up with the fabulous idea of hosting blog challenges that focus on making cards that actually fit in envelopes and do not require extra postage to send in the mail.  In other words, cards that don't have a lot of lumpy, bumpy stuff.  We will have two challenges a month.  The first Monday of the month will be for Sketches hosted by Denise and the third Monday of the month will be a themed challenge hosted by me.

I created a spring time card using Denise's sketch.  Spring will be here soon, don't you think?  Anyway, I wanted to use a  Stampin' Up butterfly stamp I have on hand along with a matching punch.  I also used a flower stamp and sentiment stamp from Unity stamps.  And instead of coloring them with my Copic Markers, I colored with Inktense Pencils!  I love how it turned out!  The center of the flower is done with Flower Soft and the centers of the butterflies and the pearl dots on the corners are done with Viva Pearl Pen.  This helps to keep the thickness of the card down to a minimum.

I hope you will join us and create a card or two for Cards in Envy!  If you make cards for Operation Write Home, this challenge is made for you as all cards sent to our heroes must fit in an envy!

Happy Crafting,

Popular Posts