Sharing Love Today


Today is February 28th.  A special date for me as I remember my Mama and Daddy and their anniversary day.  I no longer have my parents as they are both in heaven now but every year on February 28th, I think of them and am so grateful that on this day in 1933, they were married.  My parents lived a hard but loving life, marrying at a young age during the Great Depression.  My Mother was 16 and my Father was 24.  Together they raised 7 children of which I'm the youngest that were born over a 20 year span.  My Father passed away in 1988 but my Mother remained faithfully married to him until the day she died in 2011.  She celebrated her wedding anniversary every year even without him.  So, I think it's rather appropriate on this their anniversary day that I will share with you my mini fold out LOVE album that I created from a letter size office file folder.

Yesterday, I shared the tutorial on how to make this album. The papers I used for the album are so beautiful, especially the one on the front,  that I felt it didn't need much embellishing but decided to add the beautiful rose from my stash along with a couple of other flowers.  I used glue to attach these to the cover so they would not come off in the future.  I have found that glue dots do not hold up well in extreme temperatures like we have in Texas.  I know this because one summer my central air unit went out and it took 2 weeks for repair and the temps were well over 100 degrees.  And in my craft room anything that had been stuck on with a glue dot, fell off during that two weeks.  On the tab to the right, I attached a die cut I had in my stash that said "Love".  Which is the title for this album. Oh, yes, the 6x6 designer paper collection that I used for this album was the Carta Bella "Beautiful Moments."


And now for a peek inside my album...

This is the first section you see when you open it up.  Each inside page has a pocket for tags, journal notes and photos.  I used assorted flowers from my stash and some pretty die cuts to decorate the pages. Plus I cut journaling blocks and words from the 6x6 designer  paper pad that I used for this album.


I added a couple of stick pins to the flowers on the first page and also a chipboard vine for greenery.  I tucked a bit of pink tulle in with the flowers with some sticky tape.


When you open up the album more, you see the other two pockets inside the album.  I added a key and a heart locket for embellishment on these next two pockets.


The tag was a pre-cut die cut that I had in my stash but it really went well with this designer paper collection.  The butterfly also came from my stash.  I tied the key on with some button twine and then tied a bow.


For the heart locket, I used another die cut from my stash and added two pretty yellow pearls on each side.  The locket is actually tied to one of the tags and just hangs there in place.


The back of the album has been embellished too.  I made a little booklet out of some the designer papers and it is held closed with a pink paper clip.  The two sections on the left fold back into the album and the section on the right is the outside back cover of the album.


As shown in the first photo, the album folds up and is tied into a loose bow with the pink seam binding ribbon.

Thank you for looking at my album and I hope you have a wonderful day, on this day that I rejoice that my parents were wed.

If you have any questions about some of the embellishments or supplies I used, please feel free to ask in a comment and I will reply to you via email and in the comments as long as you have a valid email attached.

Make it a good one and embrace the love in your life,

Popular Posts